I am not one to rage on and get offended about media bias because, well, I have come to accept that there is biased media. The LA Times, New York Times and Chicago Tribune, among others, openly advocated an Obama presidency and used their market power to make it happen. Having said that, these media outlets still have the ability to shock me from time to time in how far they have gone in abandoning what used to be a journalistic principle of appearing to be unbiased. Apparently, the LA Times and New York Times, among others, have made more than a tidy sum selling Obama hats and t-shirts and other momentos of the "Historic Election." This is mind-boggling in its hypocrisy. I guess it is true what Victor Davis Hanson has said about this election marking the year the media died.
See "Papers Sell Obama Gear...and their Objectivity?"

No comments:
Post a Comment